Friday, December 30, 2011

The Anticipated Itinerary

At the request of many friends and family, I shall hereby inflict upon you our incredibly scattered schedule, for which I wish you luck in understanding, but will hopefully give you some of the basic idea. (Or maybe this is simply to benefit myself- sorting bit by bit our plans...)
Now presenting:

THE ITINERARY.
Exact dates beyond January 2nd are still currently a mystery.
December 22nd: 11:55 PM flight from Seattle/Tacoma International Airport to Boston Logan.
January 2nd: Leaving Boston to Houston, Texas at some unearthly hour of the morning. From Houston to Guatemala city.
January 2nd/3rd: (Date still unknown by me) we supposedly get picked up at the airport in Guatemala City, and travel to the city of Antigua, to attend Spanish school Antiguena, and stay with a host family.
Some two weeks later: we stay by invitation for one week at the house of a generous acquaintance, and, with school ended, we can explore the cobblestone streets of Antigua. Unless we continue the school, but I'm afraid the details of that are still unknown too. (I'm seeing a pattern here.)
Another week-ish later: Lake Atilan- to (possibly) attend another Spanish school on the shores of said lake, visible on the map on my first post.
Some time after that: what I'm looking forward to most- the area of Tikal, home to many of the ancient Mayan pyramids, like, once again, the one pictured in post #1, the temple of Tikal. Unfortunately, this is expected to be near the conclusion of our trip, and on February 28th, 2012, time unknown too, we'll be flying home, where all Washingtonians can rejoice at our coming.  :)

That ought to give you an idea of the manner in which we are planning, and with that out of the way I can wish you all a very happy new year, (Yesterday my cousin said 'see you next year' and I got very confused. Strangely enough this Sunday is the new year. How did that happen?) and hope that you had a great Christmas weekend. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend mine with lots of family, with whom I shared a lot of laughter.

Missing you all,
Anda

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Anda! Thanks for this itinerary. I will pass it along to all at the library. Such fun to just not have everything set in stone. It is a vacation, after all!
    It's 38 degrees, and frosty this morning. I pulled the New Year's Eve shift...how did that happen? Brad and Meghan will be the first to see your info (after me, of course). Glad the family had a great Christmas together. Happy 2012. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Anda! :D Wow, you will be one busy bee! :D
    Safe travels to you, my dear friend, and as in a genius streak I said, "Happy Thanksgiving!" XD

    I can relate to the 'next year' story. Yesterday, we were at friends' and their dad said, "There's a load of dishes! Oh well... I'm gonna wait until next year." And I tried to rub the wax out of my ear. I was like, "What?!?" And that's when I got it. XD

    We love you! :D Safe travels, have a wonderful trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your adventure with those of us at home!

    ReplyDelete